Electrum Wallet Procedure
The procedures below cover the basics of the Electrum ₿itcoin Wallet on an Android phone, Windows PC or Apple computer. Electrum ₿itcoin Wallet is not available for Apple phones.
Many other wallets are available and the same basic procedure applies to most of them. If you require advice please get in touch.
ALWAYS do your own research.
₿itcoin Core Explanation of Electrum on Android here
₿itcoin Core on Securing your wallet here
Beginners Guide to Electrum on Windows, Mac, and Linux here
1. Download and install the Electrum Bitcoin Wallet from either Play Store (Android phone) or the Electrum website here (hyperlink to Electrum) for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
2. Install then open the app.
3. Choose ‘Create a new seed’.
4. Choose ‘Legacy’ or ‘Segwit’. If in doubt choose ‘Legacy’.
5. Write down your 12-word wallet seed phrase.
DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SEED IS RECORDED CORRECTLY
6. Re-enter your seed to verify it is correct.
7. Create a PIN (Android phones) or password Windows, Linux or Mac.
***IF THE WALLET SEED IS LOST YOU CANNOT RECOVER YOUR WALLET AND ALL YOUR BITCOIN WILL BE LOST.
You can download and print our seed storage form here, it can be used to write down your seed, password (computer) and PIN (android phone). The form has two sections for the seed phrase. Fill in all sections and then cut the form along the dotted lines into three sections (2 sections for the seeds and one for the PIN, Password). Store the two separate seeds in different locations. If possible laminate the form to avoid water damage.